trust.

I'm sitting in a coffee shop...one of my best places to stop and think...as well as watch the world go by. I love people watching, it makes me aware even more so of people, seeing reactions, mannerisms, and interactions with others. I love it.

So, I have been thinking about a few things lately, and whilst picking up a treasured possession sometime last week, I found myself reading about wisdom...namely Psalms, and Proverbs. 


What was so astounding, was that as I was reading about lady wisdom, I realized that she keeps me safe, and secure. What does wisdom say it does? It says that if I cry out for insight and understanding, I will then understand the reverent fear and worship of my God...and I will therefore REALLY KNOW HIM! This is not insight of my own, but it is of God!



Where does safety and security come into the equation of wisdom? Well, these are found in trust. In a trustworthy relationship with the Father, his understanding above all things. 


Through your life experiences and seeking out the Word of God, your cry is to want to know Him! You know him when you trust Him, and trust comes when you cry out for his ways through the hardships and suffering, and not your ways. It sounds harsh, but he promises a land that you will dwell in forever, in safety and security...


'Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding...in all your ways, know, recognize and acknowledge him, and he will direct and make straight and plain your paths.' Proverbs 3: 5-6


This is lady wisdom...she says she will bring you into reverent awe, and prompt you to cry out for Godly insight, and in return she will keep you safe in a land that you will live in forever...a land where you settle in trust, where peace lay holds of you, and you will not be afraid of the terrors of the dark.

0 comments: